Mission and Goals
The mission of the Ignacio Community Library is to provide quality materials and services that fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the community without regard to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, handicap, or economic status. Ignacio Community Library will ensure equal access in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
The general goals of the Ignacio Community Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding areas.
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above areas such books, periodicals, pamphlets, programs, and other materials as will address their needs to:
a. Become well-informed;
b. Locate answers to important questions;
c. Cultivate the imagination and creative expression;
d. Develop skills for career and educational advancement;
e. Enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services
f. Experience intellectual and emotional growth
g. Obtain practical solutions to everyday problems.
- To provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand, and through inter-library loan when required.
- To maintain a collection of books and other materials, including:
a. Books and materials most in demand in the community;
b. Materials of local interest reflective of our diverse, multi-ethnic community;
c. Reference materials, classic works of literature, history, and basic books on mathematics, the sciences and the fine arts, as well as selected biographies.
- To maintain a program of services that locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods for improving our services to our patrons.